Last week I made the smallest contribution to the pallet craze I could think off…… A table lamp……..
Let me start at the beginning – My sister’s FABULOUS coffee business Cargo Coffee just moved from an outside (open to all the elements) site to a partially enclosed site on Fort Street in Auckland, NZ.. She had spent the last few months been busying the troops with moving duties and building a pallet wall, during which – she enlisted us on pallet runs……… to score free-cycle materials to transform the space into a chic stylish little spot.
Below is the ‘before’ state of the space.
One day’s progress…. Sheets of Ply went up to close in the space and provide a base for the pallet wall, and prep work was done on the deck.
Here is a Pallet shot of the wall in progress
Below is a final shot of the space completed and looking very inviting!!
A few old school assembly benches and some rustic furniture and the space looks great.
stellar job! This space certainly looks the business!!
I was lucky to score some offcuts that were in the rubbish pile in the form of stacker blocks…. most with printing on them or a splash of colour…. I admit it was inspiration at first sight.
On the way home from my sisters cafe, inspired and holding my blocks of wood – I asked hubby to stop at the hardware store to pick up some bits……
a trusty extension lead
screw in light fitting
in line switch
and about an hour, or so later we produced this…..
I was on electrical duties and hubby busied himself with the power tools.
I managed to score a cheap clearance ceiling fitting that was already wired up, well kinda.
I cut the ceiling fittings off, leaving as much cord as I could…. Followed the instructions for the in line switch, then repeated the process with the extension cord cutting off the female end…. for written instructions please refer to my earlier post – Trash to Treasure–Art Deco Lamp conversion & Spruce up .
Hubby clamped the first block, and readied the drill for the first hole and then prepped the hole saw……. followed by a bit of routing and a side drill in the base for the cord to exit the block
It took a little manipulation to get the cord through the block but in the end we had light.
A special post for my sister.