It is Art month here is NZ (September 2019), my favorite space in time.
The Arts foundation and Co. are preparing the stage for Art month with a few activities to engage and inspire the creative in all of us.
This is mine:
30 questions in 30 days
Join the chatter on the Arts Foundations social feeds about the state of the arts in Aotearoa. Every day of September we’ll be posing a different questions (as below) on the Arts Foundation’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts to incite conversation.
Here’s a heads up on the questions:
- Why do the arts matter?
- Hands-down favorite artist of all time?
- Are the arts a luxury or a necessity?
- What was your first encounter with the arts?
- Best cross-disciplinary collaboration you’ve ever seen?
- Favorite arts moment? Bonus points for pics!
- What does creativity mean to you as a New Zealander?
- If you could rename the arts, what would you call them?
- Artists: In 10 words or less, explain what life is like as an artist?
- How would you rate the health of the Arts in Aotearoa right now? Marks out of 10?
- Artists: What’s something you miss out on that artists overseas have access to?
- If you could give up your day job, what would your artistic career be?
- “Could we be the most creative country in the world?” – Rob Gardiner, Chartwell Trust
- How can the arts be more democratic and accessible?
- Artists: How do you feel the place you grew up in has affected your practice?
- What’s missing? Dance, visual art, music, literature, film, theater, interdisciplinary, __________?
- Favorite art memes and Gifs?
- What’s an arts moment that moved you?
- What do artists need in Aotearoa?
- What does Aotearoa need from artists?
- How can the arts tackle the great problems of Aotearoa?
- Who are your kiwi creative idols?
- What have the arts done for your well-being? BTW it’s Mental Health Awareness Week!
- Favorite performance venues in NZ?
- What art makes you angry?
- What’s the most creative thang you do?
- Who are your creative collaborators? Tag them below!
- What’s the one thing you’d like to tell Jacinda Ardern (NZ PM) about the arts? (You know she’s the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage, right?)
- What’s a fair salary for a full-time practicing artist?
- Complete this sentence: Art Is: __________